NUSSC forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NUSSC forum

Welcome to the ski club messageboard!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NUSSC Netball Win Tuesday Final

Go down 
AuthorMessage
senior

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-10-09

NUSSC Netball Win Tuesday Final Empty
PostSubject: NUSSC Netball Win Tuesday Final   NUSSC Netball Win Tuesday Final Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:00 am

NUSSC 18 - Larrikins 4

Well guys, after 4 years of coming oh so close, we FINALLY did it, NUSSC Netball are Tuesday League Champions!!

After another unbeaten season I awoke this morning with a sick feeling that we were going to have a repeat of last year when we lost in the final by 1 goal......
However, with a very good team turning out we were quietly confident that, this year, the trophy would be ours.
The first half saw excellent play from Tori and Nina in attack and Sammie and Sophie in defence. As always, Nicola B was on flying (literally) form as centre, the only person who let us down was me as wing defence, not my best! The first half came to an end with a very respectable scoreline of 11-3.
The second half saw Isy, Megan and Ellie Mac coming on as GS, WA and WD respectively and Nikki going to GA. All the girls put in stirling performances and, despite a few interesting passes (apparently we can all run at 80mph and jump 20 feet in the air?!), we played very well and ended the match with a score of 18-4!!

Thank-you to all the girls for their efforts on Tuesdays this year, it's been an excellent season and I hope everyone who's still around will play again next year!
Thanks also to Larrikins who have been a formidable team all season and, although we have beaten them both times we played them in the league, it was only by 2 goals each time so today's score line was a surprise to us all! Well played girls, hope to see you back next season!

Congratulations to everyone who has played on Tuesdays this year, WE DID IT!!!

NUSSC 18 - LARRIKINS 4
Back to top Go down

NUSSC Netball Win Tuesday Final
Page 1 of 1